- www.TechTransferOnline.com is an online marketplace that facilitates the in- and
out-licensing, selling and buying of IP. This unique web site provides a central, global
database for organizations and individuals to search, list, license, buy and sell
published and non-published IP in a secure setting
- Our management team has created businesses that were
based on research organizations’ IP, for over 25
- We have also identified, negotiated, and licensed technologies
from, and on behalf of, companies, and academic institutions
internationally for over 25 years,
- We have helped many companies and entrepreneurs bring
technologies to the market rapidly through the creation
of strategic alliances,
- In short, we are experts at commercializing Intellectual
- TechTransferOnline.com offers
you two options to simplify the process of posting your IP:
- Database File – XML Stream Import, CSV File, or
other database files – Even Microsoft® Excel
files that we can periodically import into our database.
- Existing Website - We can “scrape” your website
and automatically import the IP postings listed on your website into our database and automatically update them on a monthly basis.
- You can let us know if some files are confidential, in
which case the searcher will be required to sign the online Confidentiality
Agreement, before being allowed to view these
- Our searching algorithms use optical character recognition
(OCR) software when they look through everything you provide
in your IP listing (all fields, descriptions, attached documents,
etc.) to make your IP highly visible to the searcher.
- If you have listed IP on our site, you can go at any time
into the “My Account” page and view who has clicked
on your listing, and contact them directly.
- While searching for IP, you can save your search query,
and emails will be sent to you as soon as new IP corresponding
to these keywords are added on this website.
Frequently Asked Questions:
support does www.TechTransferOnline.com need from a research
institution to post IP on the website?
- If you give us permission to “scrape” your
website, you have nothing to do; our spider will map your
website fields to ours. If you’d prefer to send us
database files, such as CSV, XML or Microsoft® Excel
files, all you have to do is send them to us through our online Large File Upload system. Our IT staff
will import these into our website for you. You can review,
delete, or add anything to each IP at anytime from anywhere.
We would prefer to use our own
Non-Disclosure Agreements for searchers to view our documents.
How can we do this?
- As the lister, you can choose to have the searcher agree
to our on line Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). However,
if you would prefer to use your own NDA, then we suggest
you post your IP leaving out any confidential information,
and instruct the interested parties to contact you directly.
We want to negotiate directly
with the potential licensee. Are we able to do that if we
sign up with TechTransferOnline.com?
- Yes. We do not take any part in the negotiations, or
any other interactions between the lister and the potential
licensee or buyer.
What is the cost to
- There are no fees for listing IP on our site. You can
list as many technologies as you wish.
- Also, you can search for IP, and receive email alerts
for free. There is no limit to how many times you search
for IP, or to the number of alerts you receive.
- You must be a member of TechTransferOnline.com to
view the database. The membership is free.
How long can I
list my IP?
- You can remain a lister as long as you want, or terminate
all or some patent listing at any time with no penalty.
You do not have to be a member to list
you list all technologies that come to you or do you have
an evaluation process?
- For organizations, such as university systems, national
laboratories, corporations, or other research institutions, we do not have
an evaluation process for two reasons:
- The volume of IP is such that we would not be able to keep up with it and
do it justice,
- We expect that such entities have a reasonable level of IP quality.
do interested parties reach me, if they are interested in
discussing any of my postings?
- They can simply click on your email address provided
with the listing, click on your URL, call you or fax you.
All that information is displayed next to each listed IP.
do Listers see about their postings?
- They see:
- Who has viewed their IP
- Who signed the NDA (if one is requested)
If I list new IP, how do I know
that it will be seen?
- We have automated alerts that will reach out to the
searchers that have conducted searches on our website.
If your IP fit their search criteria, it will alert them.
With no effort on your part, emails will be sent to the
do I make my IP stand out on the site?
- We believe that the key to make your IP most attractive
is to have clear descriptions, attach a multitude of documents
to be searched to increase the chances to be found, or
to provide IP that is not public yet (provisional patents,
or patent applications that have not been published yet).
The searchers will not be allowed to see that unpublished
IP unless they sign an online NDA.
How and how often
does TechTransferOnline.com update
the posted technologies?
- You, as the lister, can come in anytime and update your
IP on the site.
- If you select the scraping method, it is fully automated
and we “synch” with your website monthly.
- If you select the CSV, XML, or other database files
such as Microsoft® Excel, we will update the site,
as you provide us with updated files.
Does TechTransferOnline.com provide
a web activity report to those listing IP (i.e. number of
hits per technology)?
- Yes. In the “my account” page, you are able
to see who (not just how many) clicked to view your IP,
and who signed the online confidentiality agreement.
long after we agree to post IP will they appear on your website?
- Within a few days from the day we get either your permission
to scrape your website, or we receive your CSV or your
XML files. If you choose to upload your IP manually, it
will be posted as soon as you sign the agreement.